Smoked-Salmon and Spinach Frittata
- 8 large eggs- whites only
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 oz cold cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup spinach, sauteed with 1 clove of garlic
Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, salt, lemon and salmon in a bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat oil in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet (if handle is plastic, wrap it in a double layer of foil) over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Sautee spinach and leave in pan- spreading out evenly across pan. Pour egg mixture into skillet and scatter cream cheese pieces on top, then cook until frittata is set on bottom and egg is almost set but still moist on top, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Bake frittata about 6 inches from heat until set, slightly puffed, and golden in patches, 10 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes, then loosen edge with spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.